Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby Shower, Birthday, and Hospital Visits!

We had a very interesting weekend and start to our week! First of all my baby shower was fantastic! All my girls did way too much and it was just beautiful! They shower was at Angel's house and Ashley, Denisha, Angel, and Erica threw the shower for me! The food was fabulous, the cake was super yummy,and the decorations were too cute! Peyton got sooooo many wonderful things! She's clothed for her first year of life I'm sure! The girls got me a gorgeous Coach Diaper bag that I will use as my purse too! They just did way too much! I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!
Now for the bad news....I started feeling really nauseated toward the end of the shower, but I thought it was because I had either gotten to hot, or eaten too much chocolate, or I was maybe having one of my dizzy spells I get sometimes. We had to sit at Angel's for a bit before I felt well enough to drive, but we finally got home and I laid down on the couch. I started having regular contractions around 6 (they were coming every 5 minutes and lasting about 2 minutes a piece). So Denisha started keeping track of them and then all of a sudden I started throwing up everywhere, including on Denisha! I threw up about 6 times in a row while Davin talked to the doctor who of course said to go to the hospital! Long story short, I was in and out of the hospital from Saturday through last night twice receiving fluids and getting shots to make my contractions stop. The dehydration was causing me to go into labor. Apparently I caught a very nasty stomach bug that later made Hayden, Pat, Angel, Josh, my mom and Lord knows who else sick! I had to take yesterday and today off work but I should be able to go back tomorrow. The baby is doing just fine thank God, and until I'm 100% I'm ordered to stick to a liquid/soft solid diet. I haven't really eaten in about 4 days because everything is going through me and I've lost almost 6 pounds. But I haven't thrown up in about two days now, just still really weak and nauseated, but I think I'm doing better. We thought for a little bit that we were going to have Peyton on my birthday since they couldn't get my contractions to stop, but luckily that didn't happen. We go back to the doctor on Monday so I'll update you then! In the meantime here are some pics from my baby shower/ birthday weekend!
Love,
-S










0 comments: