Monday, February 2, 2009

Update on Mommy's Back

I forgot that I haven't posted anything about my back since I have seen a few doctors about it or really after I went to the hospital for it on New Years Day. After re-injuring it again a couple of weeks after I hurt it the first time (how did I hurt it? I coughed!---both times!), my OBGYN wanted me to go see an Orthopedic Surgeon, but I didn't think that would help any since he or she wouldn't be able to test me for anything right now, so I went to see my family doctor last Friday. She sent me immediately to a Pain Management doctor for a "pain test", a diagnosis (if possible), and to see what kind of treatment he could recommend. I really liked him; he seemed very knowledgeable and was able to give us some kind of answers. He did a pain test and determined that I have broken rib numbers 11 and 12, and that I also have a "thorasic ruptured disc" in the left upper part of my back. He spoke with my OBGYN and they have decided that I need to remain on Vicodine until the baby is born, but only to take it at night to help with the pain from the day so I can sleep (which is how often I had been taking them anyway). They also decided that from now until the baby is born, I need to see the pain doc every other week for evaluation and either "pain patch" therapy and/or some kind of injections into my muscle. My next appt with him is February 13. So that's good news! I think we have a handle on it all now, so we're good to go! I don't have any doctor appointments this week, but I have my OBGYN appt next Wednesday the 11th and then my pain appt on Friday the 13th (spooooky-ha!). Hayden goes to the doctor this Wednesday for his 2-year shots and Davin will take him to get those THANK GOD! I hate taking him to get shots; it just breaks my heart! I am really eager to see how big he is though! We measured him on his birthday last week and he was just one inch shy of being 3 feet tall!! My big boy! Hayden's daycare is closed until Thursday so he is "working with Daddy" until then! Today they are on a Texas road trip to visit some of the ranches Daddy consults for so Daddy can do some collections for his AI work! So everybody say a little prayer for Davin! Hahahahaha! Well, that's all the excitement going on in our household for now! Talk to you soon!
Love,
S

0 comments: