Friday, December 19, 2008

Some Daily Affirmations!

In light of the current holiday season which can be stressful for a lot of people between all the traveling, or perhaps dealing with experiencing their first holiday season without a loved one, I thought I would offer some daily affirmations that I use to get me through some of the rough days. These always make me feel better:

"I am assured all things work together for good." (Rom. 8:35-39)
"I may approach God with freedom and confidence." (Eph. 3:12)
"I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13)
"I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected." (Phil. 1:5)
"I have been redeemed and forgiven." (Col. 1:14)

These are some of my favorite passages. They make me smile and when I read them to myself they also make me feel like my Grandfather is still here and I'm listening to him preaching in Church.

Because it is Christmas time, I'm sure we have all been listening to Christmas music since Thanksgiving and I LOVE Christmas music. I will put it on while I clean the house, I listen to it in the car, I'll sing along to it with Hayden (he LOVES "Frosty the Snowman"). Everyone has a favorite Christmas Carol and mine without a doubt is and always has been "O Holy Night." I don't know what it is about that hymn, but when I hear it, it feels like Christmas, it feels like home. For those of you who don't know, my Grandmother (Mamama-Mom's mother)was a singer, professionally and for the Church. She had the most beautiful voice and even made some records. When I still lived at home, she and I would decorate the tree together every year (my brother helped us when he was old enough)while listening to Christmas Carols and singing them and every time this song came on she would sing it louder than the person on the radio did. I LOVE this song and when I hear it and especially when I sing it, it feels like she is still here too. You'll have to excuse me for being sentimental or emotional, I guess it's because it's Christmas and it's still hard for me to have a Merry one without Mamama. I have so much to be thankful for and grateful for; I have been so blessed with the most wonderful, loving husband, the most beautiful and sweetest baby boy in the world, and will soon be blessed with the most beautiful and sweetest baby girl in the world! I honestly cannot say I need to ask for anything this year because I already have it all. I have my beautiful family, the most wonderful friends anyone could ask for, and the good fortune to have a home, my health, and lots of happiness. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

-Spencer

0 comments: