Tuesday, December 16, 2008

EIGHT DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS?!

Ahhhhhh! Is it really only eight days away? My goodness, this year has FLOWN by! I can't believe my baby will be TWO in about 6 weeks! I know I'm his mother, so that automatically makes me biased, but I swear he is the SWEETEST, funniest, cutest, most loving little guy in the whole world! It's been so fun to watch him observe the Christmas season this year (now that he is a little older) because he is just fascinated by all the lights everywhere and the decorations. He'll see something lit up and pretty or maybe one of those blow-up snowmen or Santas that people have on their lawns and shout, "OOOOOOOO MOMMY!! SNOWMAN! LIGHTS! SANTA! MICKEY!" Hahahahaha. He also tries to sing along with me when I sing Jingle Bells, but he apparently knows Frosty the Snowman very well because he keeps trying to get me to sing that one with him and when I only know the first couple lines he gets frustrated with me, so it's on my immediate "to do" list to re-learn the words to that song! Ha! Davin has been gone for about a week (he has come home a couple nights, but it was very late when he came home) so we haven't seen him very much and we sure have missed him. Davin was up in Michigan since this Sunday and was supposed to be there through today, but he surprised us by showing up at our house last night at 10:30! That was very exciting and Hayden was soooooo happy to see his Daddy! He is SUCH a Daddy's boy. He copies everything Davin does and it is just too cute to watch, but also a little scary because now there are two of them! Peyton needs to hurry up and get here so I'll have an even playing field...maybe. She'll probably be a bigger Daddy's girl than I am, and for those of you who know me, that's pretty bad! Davin has some hunters coming in the latter part of this week, so he still has lots of work ahead of him and I have to work through Friday too. I took my first final last night and am taking my last one tonight from 5:00-7:30 and then I am through for a WHOLE MONTH! YAY! I am taking two weeks of MUCH needed vacation for Christmas so I won't go back to work after this Friday until January 5th! We are traveling for Christmas this year, which should be quite interesting to do with a 2-year-old and a 6-month pregnant lady who has to go potty every hour! We're going to Arkansas first which will be the toughest part of the drive since it's about 12-13 hours! NOT FUN! But once we get there Hayden will get to see his Mimi and Papaw and cousins and everybody and even snow maybe! That will be a first for him! Then on Christmas day we will drive from Davin's grandparents' house to my parents in Nacogdoches, so we will be on the road for 6 hours on Christmas day. This is how we have done all of our Christmases together except for last year when we got to stay at our house and have Christmas at home. I hope everyone who is traveling next week is very careful and that you all have a great Christmas! Davin, Hayden and I will do "our" Christmas either this weekend or after we get back from traveling and I'll post pictures for you guys. I hear that Santa might be getting Hayden a Power wheel Jeep for Christmas this year!
Happy Holidays everyone!
-Spencer

0 comments: