Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Deer hunting, Santa pics, Tonsilitis, and a Gall Bladder too!

Davin has hunters all week this week and then he is flying up North to do some AI work on some deer for another client this Sunday through next Tuesday! He is REALLY busy with work this week! Hayden has been a firecracker so far this week and he's wearing me out. Ha! I have been so proud that I haven't gotten sick while EVERYONE at work has been getting sick for weeks now and I guess I got too cocky because I now have sinusitis, pharyngitis and tonsillitis. None of that is a big deal since I get tonsillitis all the time; the doc at work put me on antibiotics yesterday and wanted me to call my OBGYN today if my heart rate hadn't gone down (it was 128, then 123--it should be between 80-90). My heart rate only got as low as 109 and was 118 again this morning so I called the new OBGYN and saw her this afternoon. She thinks the sinus infection, the tonsillitis and possibly gall bladder disease is the reason for my high heart rate. She also said I'm very dehydrated (I don't know how that could be because I drink water all day long). The gall bladder disease possibility is due to the pain I have been having in my upper right quadrant of my stomach that I tried to tell my old OBGYN about two weeks ago when she told me that "it hurts when babies move inside you." As soon as I told this doc that I have been have these pains accompanied by weak/dizzy/nausea spells for the past several weeks she was shocked that my old doc had not had my gall bladder checked. I'm sure my gall bladder is perfectly fine, but she ordered an ultrasound to check it for tomorrow at 8:30 and I really appreciate this new doctor's concern and care for her patients. I just wanted to make sure that Peyton was okay right now since my heart rate has been so high and she is doing perfectly fine. Her heart rate is completely normal and she is as healthy as can be which is all that matters. If it turns out that I do have a problem with my gall bladder, because I am so far along in my pregnancy it would be far too risky to surgically remove it right now, so the doc said she would put me on meds for my gall bladder until I deliver in March and then as soon as I delivered, I would have to have it taken out. Hopefully, whoever does the ultrasound tomorrow will be able to tell me right then and there if they see anything wrong. I'm sure it's nothing, but I do feel so much better having a doctor who would rather be safe than sorry! Anyway...that's what the Cox Fam is up to this week! Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted! Hope you are all doing well! We took Hayden to see Santa Sunday; check out his photo below.
Love,
Spencer
Our boy with Santa!

0 comments: