Thursday, January 8, 2009

Health Update

I am very happy to say that Hayden's RSV is clearing up pretty steadily, so he's down to breathing treatments at night, but is still taking his Zyrtec, Singulair, and Flonase daily. The doctor wants him to just continue that indefinitely because he has such bad allergies and problems with asthma. He's making up for not eating all last week and is now eating EVERYTHING! It makes his Mommy VERY happy! Hopefully this means that we will have a happy, healthy boy on January 27 for his Birthday and January 31 for his Birthday Party! I can't BELIEVE my baby is almost 2!!!!!! It seems like only yesterday that I was huge, pregnant and wearing a back brace waiting to meet him....oh wait...that WAS yesterday!!! Hahahaha! Seriously though, I still remember every detail of the day he was born. That was the day our lives changed forever. davin and I often talk about how even though he and I have been together for, well it will be NINE YEARS this June, we can't really remember what our lives were like without Hayden and he's only been with us for two years. It's amazing how a child can do that, just turn your whole world upside down in the best possible way. I'm sure once our little girl is born in a couple of months we will say the same thing about her. I'm already trying to wrap my mind around the idea of our family of three becoming a family of four. We have truly been blessed.

As for my back pain, I wish I had better news. The good news is that when I take my pain meds I feel pretty okay unless I put a lot of pressure on my left side. It's just really the hardest for me when I'm at work because I can't take my meds or I would be found in my office drooling on my keyboard since they knock me out! So by 5:00 everyday, I'm hurting quite a bit. As soon as I get home though, I take my medicine, get a hot shower and ice my back. Davin has been WONDERFUL by pretty much taking care of Hayden completely since I am no longer allowed to pick him up for the remainder of the pregnancy (I'm not supposed to lift anything over 25 lbs). I don't know what I'm going to do when he leaves on the 11th and doesn't come back until the 19th! Changing diapers and giving baths should be fun! Anyway, I'm fine, just in pain, but it could be worse and most importantly Peyton is perfectly fine and that's all that really matter to me.

One more thing.....some of you might be aware that there is a VERY BIG football game on tonight to which I have one thing to say: GOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!!! CHOMP 'EM!!!!!

Love to you all!
-Spencer

0 comments: