Monday, January 26, 2009

Hayden will be TWO YEARS OLD TOMORROW!!!!!!!

I cannot believe that it has been two years since Hayden was born! I still remember every detail. My family and Davin's family came into College Station to spend the night with us on Friday the 26 of January and we all went out to eat at Johnny Carino's (for a last supper, per say)and then my family went to their hotel, Davin's went to theirs and Davin and I went home so we could "sleep" before we had to get up at 4 and go to the hospital to start my induction. Needless to say, I think Davin got a little bit of sleep, but I got NONE and finally just got out of bed at 3 am. We were so many things: excited, scared to death, happy, anxious, nervous, etc. WE got to the hospital around 4:30 and they started me on the pitocin at 5am. I was already dilated to 2 cm and completely effaced (and had been for three weeks)so my labor had officially started. The rest of our family started to show up around 9 am and I still hadn't gotten my epidural and my water still hadn't broken AND I was STILL dilated at a 2 and not moving forward. FINALLY once my doctor got there around 10 or 10:30 to check on me, she was about to have them break my water, but before they did the nurse checked me one more time and my water broke on it's own...THANK GOD! I got my epidural between 11 and noon and that was by FAR the most painful part of labor at that point since it took the doctor four tries before he got the needle to stay in. Once I got the epidural though, life was pretty good!!! By that time our family and friends started placing bets about when I would give birth, how much Hayden would weigh, and how long he would be, etc. Everyone was thinking he would be born between 3pm and 5pm at the latest since I had been in labor since a little before 5am. At around 4 pm it looked as though everyone was right because i finally hit 10 cm and the doctor said I was ready to start pushing. So while the doctor left the room to go scrub in and get ready, the nurses stayed with me to get me ready.....well the next thing I know, I am "coming to" and hearing a lot of beeping and I had about three nurses surrounding me trying to turn me on my side, lift me up, and take my blood pressure. Apparently,Hayden had turned and gone back up and while doing so he put a lot of pressure on one of my arteries and slowed the blood flow and oxygen which caused my blood pressure to plummet and made me pass out. Once I realized what was going on, they were panicked because two minutes had gone by and they couldn't get a read on Hayden's heartbeat....NOW I started to panic. In a matter of minutes they had in internal monitor placed on his head in my belly so they could monitor his heart beat and my contractions that way. Finally he and I both stabilized and everything calmed down some. However, because of how he had turned, he was no longer positioned correctly for birth so they decided to try to roll me over every 30 minutes or so and massage my stomach to see if they could get him to drop and position himself again. If they couldn't get him to do that, I was going to have to have a C-section which I did NOT want to have. The next four hours passed with my being turned and massaged, and my having EXCRUCIATING contractions here and there because my pain medication wasn't strong enough, but finally they got that adjusted. Then 8pm rolled around and GOOD NEWS!!!! Hayden was dropped and positioned correctly and I was ready to push again! This time I wasn't taking any chances for fear that the same thing would happen again, so I started pushing at 8:00pm and Hayden was born at 8:24pm. Whooo hoooo! Davin was a great coach and as soon as Hayden was born, Davin cut his cord and helped the nurses wash him off before giving him to me. Hayden came out calm, and wide-eyed, just looking at everyone, taking it all in. He was so alert to his surroundings! We spent the next two days in the hospital and then took our little guy home and time has FLOWN by since then! Davin and I are still very new at this whole "parenthood" thing, but we have learned a lot from Hayden and from each other over the last two years and we just can't wait to see what the future hold for our beautiful little boy! A little sister will join him in just a hew short weeks and then we will REALLY start learning about parenthood! Ha! We are so thankful for our family and have been so blessed with Hayden just as we will be by our daughter when she gets here. I love my little family so much and I just can't believe that small little 7 lb, 2oz, and 20 inches long newborn baby boy I held in my arms two years ago, is now one inch shy of being three feet tall, weighs 28 pounds, has had all his teeth for about 6 months, has been walking since ten months old and talking since eight months old! Now he sings his ABC's, The Wheels on the Bus, B-I-N-G-O, he loves to read and draw and play with his blocks! He will repeat EVERYTHING anyone says and he LOVESSSSSSS football, or "feetball" as he calls it! I guess this long winded story is just a Mommy's way of saying "Happy Birthday Hayden Boy! Mommy and Daddy love you very much!" Tomorrow, I'm going to bring a birthday cupcake home for Hayden and Davin and I will have dinner and cake with him and take some birthday pictures that I will try to post for you all! Then Saturday is the BIG Scooby Birthday Party at our house and we are so looking forward to seeing all of you can make it!!!
Love to you all,
Spencer

0 comments: