Monday, September 22, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!!!!

I am very happy and excited to FINALLY announce that Hayden will be a BIG brother this March!!! Davin and I are due to have our second baby on March 22, 2009. I know I will probably be a week or so earlier than that since I already know I will have to be induced due to my having Group B Strep, but the baby will be here in March. I have just started my second trimester and so far everything is going well. We have had one appointment when I was 10 weeks along and got to see the little "jelly bean" and I go next Monday the 29th for my 15-week appointment. Davin and I are both so excited and Hayden LOVES to play "Where's the baby?!" He usually lifts my shirt and points to my belly and says "BABY!" but sometimes he points to his only little pot belly and says, "Baby?" He will be the BEST big brother! We are fairly certain about the sex of the baby, but I want to wait for the doctor to confirm before we tell everyone; boy or girl this baby is already sooooo loved by us! I will admit that this pregnancy has been COMPLETELY different from my pregnancy with Hayden. With Hayden, I was not sick one day and this time I was getting sick before I even took a pregnancy test! So, even though I have been (and still am) very sick I think this must be what a "normal" pregnancy must be like since most of the women I know who have been pregnant have dealt with morning sickness. In my case it has been primarily "evening sickness" but sometimes it's just "anytime sickness." The doctor put me on prescription prenatal vitamins to provide me with more iron (because of course my anemia is VERY bad again as it was with Hayden-no surprise there) and she also prescribed me some phenergan which is GREAT but it makes me very sleepy so I try not to take it until I go to bed. Also my craving are TOTALLY different! With Hayden, all I wanted was cheeseburgers and red meat (which I actually hate) and this time all I want is sweet stuff and fruit (my biggest craving has been blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins)!!!! Yummy!!!! I also LOVE pineapple chunks and ICE CREAM! Needless to say I am going to have to be very careful with my weight since all I want is sweets! I've done a great job so far and I'm supposed to gain 25-30 pounds, but I would LOVE to only gain around 20. As long as I stay on target and the baby is healthy that's all that matters! I'm still working out everyday which is surprisingly helping with the morning sickness. Anyway, I've rambled enough, so I'll say goodbye for now! OHHH!! One more thing! Davin's cousin Lucas and his wife Ashley are due to have their FIRST baby at the EXACT SAME TIME that we're due! Neat, huh?
I will post another blog with some pics of Hayden in his "Big Brother to be" shirt and some of our pictures of our trip to Arkansas this past weekend to see Mimi and Papaw so watch for those later this week!
Love,
-Spencer

0 comments: