Friday, April 3, 2009

More colic and some bronchitis!

I took Peyton to the doctor this morning because her colic has not gotten any better. It turns out that in the past two weeks she has not gained so much as an ounce of weight, which is some cause for concern, and the doctor has put her on another formula. She will now switch from the soy formula to the hypoallergenic formula that smells AWFUL! She's eating every 3 to 4 hours so I don't know why she hasn't gained any weight. The doctor wants me to call her back on Monday to tell her how the weekend goes with the new formula and she will probably want to see Peyton again next week. If this new formula doesn't work and she doesn't start gaining weight soon, the doctor will want to start running tests to help us figure out what is going on. In the meantime, due to lack of sleep and allergy season I have come down with a sinus infection and bronchitis. My doctor told me to drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest and I just laughed at her and told her I have a colicky 4-week-old baby. It's SUPER FUN at our house right now! At least I'm not contagious so Davin and Hayden shouldn't be sick....just the girls of the house are suffering right now!
Talk to you soon!
-S:)

0 comments: