Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon!!!

Well, as some of you may know, I just ran in my very first 1/2 Marathon this past Sunday. I have been training for 8 months to run this 13.1 mile race and I have fallen in love with running. Luckily one of my best friends is a VERY avid runner (a pro, actually) and she not only ran it with me, but made pretty darn good coach too! Mindy and I had so much fun, made GREAT time, and can't wait to run our next one!!! A BIG thanks to Davin who has gotten used to my obession with running and helped me with the kids so I could squeeze in extra runs!!! Mom and Dad have watched the kids many times for me to while I was training and everyone else has just had to listen to me go on and on about getting ready for this race, so thanks for putting up with me! It was all worth it!!! Enjoy the pics from my very first race!
Love to all,
-S:)


Mindy and me in our cute outfits before the race ;)
My support system :)

One last pic before we start!


In action running past the Alamo!



VICTORY!! We ran the 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles)
in 2 hrs, 1 min, and 15seconds! We KILLED it!




They were so excited that Mommy got a
cool medal they could play with!




He was impressed, lol!







My sparkly medal! The first of many to come hopefully!







My 13.1 mile sticker on my car!!! Whoo!










0 comments: