Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Fishing Trip and Some Tonsillitis, Please!

Hello! Well we have had a busy weekend!! Davin took Mike, John, and Pat on a deep sea fishing trip off of Port Aransas this past weekend, and BOY did they have a BLAST! I'm so glad the weather was nice for them and they caught a TON of fish: some amberjack, some dolphin fish, and Davin caught a HUGE SAILFISH!!!! Of course a sailfish and a marlin are the two fish that I have been DYING to catch everytime we go, so I suppose it's fitting that he caught it while fishing with the boys! Ha! I will try to get the pictures from him to download for you guys later tonight!

While Davin was fishing, I was at home all weekend with Tonsillitis! Yes, I am an adult who still has her tonsils...there are still a few of us who still have them: Denisha, Ashley, me to name a few. I started feeling weird last Tuesday and when I went to the doctor at my work on Wednesday it had turned into full-blown tonsillitis. I made it through the day at work on Wednesday and even somehow on Thursday, but Friday I was OUT! Davin took Hayden to daycare so I could rest, but those of you who know me, know that I spent the entire day cleaning the house and doing laundry. All in all Hayden and I had a pretty fun Mommy and Me weekend....as best we could while playing inside the house only.

Two VERY happy occasions ocurred last week: 1.) The birth of Grace Matlock (my cousin Michael and Jennifer's second daughter), and 2.) My brother's 21st birthday! I would have blogged about this last week had I not been so hopped up on Benadryl and pain killers. I have a few pictures of little Grace that I will try to post for your tonight as well. My brother is 21 now! Holy COW!!! That makes me feel old!

This week should be just as busy and exciting as last week since THREE of our friends have birthdays this week!!! Casey's was yesterday (Happy 30th!!!), Ashley's is Thursday (you will be a quarter of a century old!), and John's is Saturday (29...oooo one more year and you join the 30 club with Davin and Casey!).

Also, my brother will be having surgery on his foot this Thursday so everyone please say a little prayer for him.

That's all for now!
Love you!

0 comments: